Wednesday, January 23, 2008

37 week checkup

So, everyone's heart rate is back down, thankfully! I guess it really was just the stress of the holidays. I'm measuring perfectly, as usual, but I have a feeling this baby's going to be way bigger than any of my others. Yikes! =0 Me and Drew are betting on how much he'll weigh... Drew says 7-10, I say 7-3 (yeah, yeah, I know that's not THAT big, but it is for me!). I have gained 28 lbs (from the lowest point -- AFTER losing 10 lbs). I am considered full-term now, so I could pop any day! I wish... but with my luck I'll still be miserably pregnant right up to the due date.




Jane checked my cervix (FUN) on Monday, and the results are: 1-2cm, soft, 30% effaced, -2 station. If you don't know what that means, sorry, I'm not going to get into too much detail, but long story short is that "soft" means "ripe", which is good, but I need to efface (thin-out) a LOT more (like to 80% or more) before she's going to say that labor will happen anytime soon. But these changes are better than a "long, thick, and high" cervix, so SOMETHING'S happening! Of course, changes can happen very quickly, so you never really know. I have another appointment next Monday, and she'll check again.



As for the 9th month woes, I am sooo exhausted all the time; seriously, falling asleep by 11am. My ribs hurt when I'm sitting up, and my feet hurt when I stand or walk for too long. It's hard to breathe, and my pelvis is very loose right now, cracking and popping when I move around and very sore to the bones. I'm not very good at the bed-rest thing, either... I feel so trapped and unproductive! :( Even so, I AM pretty incapacitated, so Drew's been doing most of the housework and childcare. ***Thank you so much hun... I love you!!!***



I've been trying various methods to stimulate labor, but to no avail. This kid is stubborn (well, look who his parents are...)! I guess he really likes the Miami vacation he's having in there (98 degrees, all-you-can-eat buffet, heehee). But I think I'm about at the point that I got to in my previous pregnancies where I'm giving up on trying to force it and surrendering to nature. You'd think I would have learned by now, haha! I just can't wait to have him out of me so I can be fully mobile again. Not to mention my kids are probably wondering what's wrong with Mama... this is just so unlike me. I've never craved pain so much in my life! :P



More next week, or sooner if I go into labor (HA!).

No comments:

Post a Comment