Monday, January 7, 2008

I feel like CRAP!

I have had this cold for weeks now. It started off as a mild head cold, then WHAM! moved down to my chest about 10 days later. It's become a HORRIBLE, body-wrenching, non-productive, hacking cough that is to blame for a headache, awful rib pain, and countless changes of underwear from pissing myself (from coughing so hard)! There is a limit to the meds I can take for relief, and I'm already uncomfortable as hell from being sooo freakin' pregnant, but I finally broke down and called my midwife today to BEG for something better than this over-the-counter shiite I've been taking.




Apparently, I'm very sick and it's a big deal given my "delicate condition". She's put me on antibiotics and steroids, instructed me to use my inhaler 4x/day, and prescribed narcotic cough syrup (now THAT'S what I'm talking about!). THANK GOD. Maybe I'll get better now, cuz this is getting ridiculous. If I don't, I have to go in and see my midwife in person, and she just might make me stay at the hospital for a while. Grrr... NOT happening. Not until I'm there to pop a baby out, gol-darnit.



So there's my rant for the day. Hope you enjoyed it.

*COUGH-COUGH, ouch!*

No comments:

Post a Comment