Tuesday, October 17, 2006

OH MY GOD MY ANKLE IS BROKEN!!!

Okay, so, apparently I have been walking around on a BROKEN ankle for THREE WEEKS!! Holy shiznit! For those of you that don't know how it happened, here's the story:




On Wednesday, September 27, I was being a good little mamma and playing with my kids in the backyard; swings, slide, etc. And as I was trying to guide my tiny daughter down the monsterous slide, our beloved dog, Brigit, decided it would be fun to jump up on Mommy from behind. Well, our feisty little 55-pound pup likes to jump on people, and the vet has instructed us to knee her in the chest to discourage it. Well, what's a gal to do when the dog jumps up from behind? Naturally, I threw my foot back at her, and CRACK went my ankle against her ELBOW BONES! Needless to say, it hurt, and I fell down, hyperventilating, and couldn't get up. My wonderful friend Allison just happened to call 2 minutes later and said "I'll be right over!" So she helped me get the kids fed, bathed, and put to bed. **Thanks again!**



Anyway, I waited and waited for it to feel better, and finally went to the doc about 9 days after it happened. She ordered an x-ray that came back negative, but due to the fact that the pain was excruciating and NOT getting better, she ordered and MRI. So yesterday I endured my SECOND MRI in 4 months (had one on my back in June) -- yuccchh. And today they call and say "You DO have a fracture -- we missed it on the x-ray -- you need to see an orthopedic surgeon right away!"



So now I'm waiting to find out if I'll be wearing a cast when I jump into my husband's arms in 16 days and hurl my lead foot around his waist. Heehee... GREEEAAT! (note sarcasm)... And I pray they will saw it off before the ball! Won't I be elegant in my formal gown and ONE high heel, and on crutches! Grrr...



Yeah, and the doc said "Stay off of it." Riiiiiiight. Yeah, I can do THAT with 3 kids and my husband 3000 miles away. Uh-huh.



Anyway, hope you all enjoyed that little anecdote. I call it "How I Broke My Ankle Kicking the Dog." hardee-har-har.



*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment