Thursday, October 12, 2006

TWO HUNDRED days

Holy SHIT!!! It's been 200 days since I last saw my husband. Jeez, it's been quite a while since my last blog, too. By the way, happy birthday to my favorite Uncle, Drunkle Wolf. He's the only one of Drew's friends who has cared enough to (regularly) help ease my burdens while he's away.




There are only about 3 more weeks until Drew's homecoming -- HOORAY!!! It's so exciting but so nerve-wracking at the same time. There is so much to do to prepare for the homecoming that I am overwhelmed and just want to shut down most of the time. On the other hand, though, the time is creeping by, and I think the next three weeks are going to be the longest of my life.



I could never have made it this far without my girls, though. Me and 3 of the other unit ladies have been hanging out like it's cool, and it is! We are ALL lonely and sex-deprived and exhausted and missing our men... something NO ONE ELSE understands. Our friendships have formed fast and deep, as we are bonding over such a unique situation. So here's to you (in alphabetical order, of course), Allison, Jessica, and Valerie. I love you guys and I couldn't have made it through without y'all! Better to be bored together than alone, right?



Anyway, I've been very busy lately. Me and the girls are getting together at LEAST twice a week, and there's the military support group bi-weekly, Twin's Club Mom's Night Out monthly (of which I am now in charge, tyvm), working out (or trying to) 3 times a week, chauffeuring the kids to and from school, attempting to domesticate my wild puppy, etc., etc...



So time flies when I'm busy. It's just those seemingly endless lulls between activities that get me. When household responsibilities stare me in the face and I resist them, procrastinating as usual (Allison, you know what that's like...:)). I just want to sleep, to make the time pass. And let's not forget my poor ankles!!! One I injured kicking the dog off of me a few weeks ago and it's still hurting; getting worse, not better. And then 3 days later, I went out dancing with the girls and twisted the OTHER ankle while slightly tipsy and walking around in platforms. The twisted one is better, but the banged one friggin' HURTS! I's really getting in the way of housework.



Well, gotta go make myself useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment